en - Re: [sympa-users] Hide the "Request a list" option

  • From: Gadi Vivier <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Hide the "Request a list" option
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 02:20:03 +0000

On 2020-05-24 22:27, Steve Shipway wrote:
On Sun, 2020-05-24 at 09:17 +0000, Gadi Vivier wrote:

I'm trying to hide the "Request a list" option and make it only
display

to the ListMaster.

I just checked the default install, and there already exists a
create_list scenari called "listmaster" which does what you require.

Just update your sympa.conf to have the line

create_list listmaster

and that should do it (if the create_list option is not already there,
then the default is public_listmaster). The listmaster scenari denies
creation to non-listmasters, and so the button will not be displayed
for them.

Hi Steve,

That's super! Thank you.

Reading your email I realised that the scenari had to be somewhere and they couldn't simply not be there. I was looking in "/usr/local/etc/scenari/", and I now see the scenari in "/usr/local/share/sympa/default/scenari".

Adding the line "create_list listmaster" to the /etc/sympa/sympa.conf made things very simple.

Sympa is all new to me, so your explanation of the construction of the scenari in your earlier email is a great help for me to learn and much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Gadi