en - Re: [sympa-users] Migration manuals for mailman to sympa do not exist anymore

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Migration manuals for mailman to sympa do not exist anymore
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 14:37:57 +0200

On 5/21/20 1:19 PM, Krešimir Mihalj wrote:
> I also need this migration ... on git files are 4 years old ... are they
> working correctly ?

Yeah, I don't like this option either. I wouldn't mind to write migration
scripts but I don't have
a mailman instance to test with.

> Is there any manual way to do migration ?

I suppose we need to export users, subscribers, archives etc from Mailman.

Which kind of archive software does Mailman use?

Regards
Racke

> 20. 05. 2020. u 10:41, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) je napisao/la:
>> On 5/20/20 8:46 AM, Matthias Fechner wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I just start to evaluate if sympa could be an alternative to mailman.
>>> But for this I have to migrate a lot of mailman archives with the
>>> migration.
>>>
>>> I saw that on this page migration scripts are existing:
>>> https://www.sympa.org/contribs/migration_and_archives/index
>>>
>>> But if I try to access it, it does not exist:
>>> http://www.sympa.org/distribution/contrib/mailman2sympa
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a working link, please?
>>>
>> Hello Mathias,
>>
>> I found the following Git repository:
>> https://git.fs.lmu.de/roots/mailman2sympa, but I have no idea if these
>> scripts are
>> in a decent shape.
>>
>> At any rate, we would be glad to support your migration from Mailman.
>> Please don't hesitate to ask further questions
>> or feedback on Sympa.
>>
>> Regards
>> Racke
>>

>>> Maybe the link on the page should be corrected as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Gruß
>>> Matthias
>>>
> --
> Krešimir Mihalj, spec.ing.techn.inf.
> Sektor za informacijske sustave
>
> Sveučilište u Zagrebu, *Sveučilišni računski centar (Srce)*,
> www.srce.unizg.hr <https://www.srce.unizg.hr>
> address@concealed <mailto:address@concealed>, tel: +385 1 616
> 5864, mob: +385 99 2563746

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.