en - Re: [sympa-users] [EXT] Re: scenari for request list possible?

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [EXT] Re: scenari for request list possible?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:17:31 +0200

On 4/16/20 9:34 AM, Peter Heitzer wrote:
> wrote:
>> On 4/15/20 2:32 PM, Peter Heitzer wrote:
>>> In search for a replacement of our currently used mailing list system
>> (Mailman2.x) I found sympa. I could install a small test system with
>> working
>> ldap authentication rather easily.
>>> After reading the docs a few unresolved questions about authorization
>> scenari arised.
>>> Is it possible to restrict the request for a new list in a scenari so
>>> that
>> only users authenticated via ldap are allowed to request a new list?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Hello Peter,
>>
>> I think the scenario for the new list request is
>> create_list.public_listmaster
>> (https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/blob/sympa-6.2/default/scenari/cre
>> ate_list.public_listmaster).
>>
>> Instead of allowing all users to request lists you could use a named
>> filter
>> with your LDAP search used for the LDAP
>> authentication.
>>
>> Named filter documentation:
>> https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/customize/basics-scenarios.html#lda
>> p-named-filters-definition
>>
>> Please let us know if you have more questions.
>>
>> Regards
>>
> Racke
>
> Thanks. Looking in the source and having set log_level to 4 and doing a few
> logins I came to the same assumption.
> For testing I have used a simple text filter but LDAP is surely the
> preferred method.
> The combination of scenaries and web templates are very powerful. It makes
> me able to customize the web interface and keep it as simple
> as possible for unexperienced users. Our current mailman installation does
> not have such possibilities and many users are overwhelmed
> by the many settable options. Therefore we are searching for an alternative
> and sympa seems to be the right candidate.

Yes, definitely. I have mediocre experiences with Mailman 2 and I'm glad that
almost all of my clients are using Sympa now.

Also even with our small community, you will receive good support through the
mailing list and development is steady
with a release every few months.

Regards
Racke

> ----
> Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, address@concealed

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.