en - Re: [sympa-users] scenari for request list possible?

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] scenari for request list possible?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 21:08:58 +0200

On 4/15/20 2:32 PM, Peter Heitzer wrote:
> In search for a replacement of our currently used mailing list system
> (Mailman2.x) I found sympa. I could install a small test system with
> working ldap authentication rather easily.
> After reading the docs a few unresolved questions about authorization
> scenari arised.
> Is it possible to restrict the request for a new list in a scenari so that
> only users authenticated via ldap are allowed to request a new list?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hello Peter,

I think the scenario for the new list request is create_list.public_listmaster
(https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/blob/sympa-6.2/default/scenari/create_list.public_listmaster).

Instead of allowing all users to request lists you could use a named filter
with your LDAP search used for the LDAP
authentication.

Named filter documentation:
https://sympa-community.github.io/manual/customize/basics-scenarios.html#ldap-named-filters-definition

Please let us know if you have more questions.

Regards
Racke

> ----
> Dipl.-Inform(FH) Peter Heitzer, address@concealed

Debian and Sympa administration. Provisioning with Ansible.