en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP DATA Source

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Nico Lambrechts <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP DATA Source
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 10:38:59 +0900

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 12:12:03 +0000
"Nico Lambrechts" (via sympa-users Mailing List)
<address@concealed> wrote:

> Thank you,
>
> I have increased the log level -- sympa log indicates a limit has been
> reached.
>
> Apr 1 13:27:06 listsrv wwsympa[4939]: err main::#1606 >
> main::do_review#4842 > Sympa::List::on_the_fly_sync_include#6929 >
> Sympa::List::sync_include#6581 >
> Sympa::List::_load_list_members_from_include#5783 >
> Sympa::List::_include_users_ldap#5071 LDAP search (single level) failed:
> (4) Sizelimit exceeded (searching on server el-ict-dc01.ufh-domain.local;
> suffix OU=Users,OU=East London,DC=ufh-domain,DC=local; filter
> (objectClass=person); attrs: mail)
>
> I do not see anywhere in Sympa to change the limit?

If you use Active Directory as the LDAP server, please increase
MaxPageSize LDAP policy of that server (you may have to execute
ntdsutil.exe on that server). Default of this limit is slighty
small, such as 1000 to 2000.

> Also,
> Is the query I am using correct to return the user accounts in the Active
> Directory OU?

The options of ldapsearch is differ from the settings on Sympa.
I think setting on Sympa with the same result seems roiughly as
below. Can you try with this?

include_ldap_query
name All EL Staff
host el-ict-dc01.ufh-domain.local