en - Re: [sympa-users] List config options

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Greg Foster <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] List config options
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 17:54:12 +0100

Cool,

When you have a problem in Sympa, half the time you'll be able to fix it, either by using scenarios, or by using templates.

Cheers,

David

On 13/11/2019 17:22, Greg Foster wrote:
Hi David,

That fixed it!

Thank you very much.
--
Greg Foster
IT Services, Enterprise Systems Group

* sent from a mobile device *

On November 13, 2019 10:29:36 AM EST, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
Hi,

In that case, it is not governed by a list parameter.

If you want to restrict access to the subscriber options for a whole
family, you need to :

1- create a "web_tt2" subdirectory in the family directory (for example
in /usr/local/sympa/etc/families/family_name/).

2- copy the "suboptions.tt2" template from the default (cp -p
/usr/local/sympa/defalt/web_tt2/suboptions.tt2
/usr/local/sympa/etc/families/family_name/web_tt2)

3- modify this template, so that it show only the options you want to
make available. If none, you can replace the full content with a warning
telling that subscriber options can't be modified in that list.

Now, all lists in the family will use this template.

You can also change the listmenu.tt2 template in order to remove the
link to subscriber options but I think it is clearer to let users access
this area and tell them they can't change data rather than letting them
serach the web interface for subscriber options.

Anyway, personal taste.

Best regards,

David