en - [sympa-users] List config options

  • From: Greg Foster <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] List config options
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:46:28 +0000

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to sympa and have a few questions on some things I can't get
figured out. There's probably a simple solution, but I've looked at
documentation and scoured the googles, but I just can't get to the bottom of
it.

I'm running Sympa 6.2.44. I have a list family that I've created and I have
the lists in this family configured such that the user's can not unsubscribe
themselves (owner only unsubs). The issue I have though, is that when users
login, they can proceed to the "Subscriber Options" screen and change their
name, their receiving mode, their visibility and they can suspend their
subscription - I don't want the users having access to these options,
especially the ability to suspect their subscription. I've attempted to hide
these options via the edit_list.conf file, but have had no luck - mostly
because I'm not sure what the names of these attributes are - and took a
guess at the "default_user_options" and "available_user_options" groupings
for the "subscriber" role type to set them as "hidden".

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

---
Greg Foster
IT Services, Enterprise Systems Group
G20A Stright Hall
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Indiana, PA 15701
724-357-2986

"There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who
don't"