en - Re: [sympa-users] Missing lists

  • From: Tom Fillmore <address@concealed>
  • To: Walter H <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Missing lists
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 20:53:57 +0000

Hi -

Upgraded to/from the same versions as you, had a similar problem...

SYMPA is a great platform but these sorts of things make me crazy. My
initial install in the 5 series was from source and every time I have
upgraded (two times in the 5 series, two times in the 6 series) I've followed
directions to the letter. Since I'm not a perl guy my installs are as
generic as possible (Debian x64, mechanical drives, system default versions
of packages, etc) and I accept all locational defaults, etc. Still always
have problems though.

In the end it's always worth the time to fix things and I've come to accept
these sorts of problems as part of SYMPA's 'personality'. I don't consider
them a mark against functionality, just some peculiarities.

To all the volunteers who work on this great piece of software - huzzah! :)

Tom Fillmore
southern California

The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
- Baha'u'llah