en - Re: [sympa-users] URL mode

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] URL mode
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:59:03 +0200

Hi Sabine,

Funny, I'm working on this exact problem right now.

Here are the problems I found until now :

1- the access authorization to urlized documents is regulated by the archive_webaccess scenario, which is wrong: people need to authenticate to get the document. We should either:

    - use another scenario

    - or simply the urlized docuemnts freely available,

    - or just check whether the user is susbscribed to the list.

I'd rather use the second option but forcnig users to authenticate can be too limitative.

For now, I added the following line to the archive_webaccess scenario:

            match([env->REQUEST_URI], /attach/) md5,smime -> do_it

2- In some cases, the entire mail is urlized (and produces the ".bin" attachment you found). It is because the first thing made by the _urlize_part function is to check whether the entity being urlized is in Multipart/mixed. And it urlizes its content. When a mail is directly in multipart/alternative, the entire mail is considered as an attachment and urlized. I still don't know how to fix it but I'm working on it.

3- when an attachment contains a character that needs escaping, the "@" in the file name is escaped too. It should not, as "@" can be used directly in URL. Consequently, the file becomes unreachable.

I'm working on it because I would like, for environmental reasons, for all list on some servers to be in urlize mode by defautl, instead of "mail" mode.

More news soon, I hope.

Best regards,

David