en - Re: [sympa-users] Types of mail lists

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Tom Browder <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Types of mail lists
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 14:40:32 +0900

Hi Tom,

2019/03/09 8:33、Tom Browder <address@concealed>のメール:

I am in the process of installing Sympa 6.40 from source using Debian 9 and PostgreSQL 9.6 for the database.

I am ready to start defining lists and have looked for variables or settings that define a list as "noreply" (i.e., replies will be ignored or deleted) versus a "regular" list where each subscriber can reply to the list without restriction.

So far I haven't seen how to do that. Can that be done?

You may remove (comment out) entry of list posting address in aliases
(not list_aluases.tt2).  For example:

#------------------------------ mylist: list alias created 9 Mar 2019
#XXXmylist: "| /usr/libexec/sympa/queue address@concealed"
mylist-request: "| /usr/libexec/sympa/queue address@concealed"
mylist-editor: "| /usr/libexec/sympa/queue address@concealed"
mylist-owner: "| /usr/libexec/sympa/bouncequeue address@concealed"

When you edited alias file, you have to run sympa_newaliases.pl to
update alias database.

Notes:

  - Return address (mylist-owner in above) has not be removed, or
    some sites performing sender verification will reject messages from the list.

  - Currently, if a list was closed and restored again, removed line will ne restored

Regards,
— Soji

Kind regards,

-Tom