en - Re: [sympa-users] Types of mail lists

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Peter Schober <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Types of mail lists
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 07:25:38 +0900

Hi Peter,

2019/03/11 21:29、Peter Schober <address@concealed>のメール:

> * IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> [2019-03-09 06:41]:
>> You may remove (comment out) entry of list posting address in aliases
>
> But that wouldn't work with alternative means of letting the MTA know
> what lists exist (i.e., without alias entries for each role for every
> list)?

I missed such situation. However, if you are telling about list_check_smtp
feature that allows Sympa to check if the same name as a user want
to create already exists, I think it will work. Because, with this feature,
Sympa also checks
the other list addresses mylist-owner, mylist-request etc.

> Isn't there a way to configure a "newsletter"-type list and have some
> process to empty out the moderation queue automatically?

If you want to do so, you may simply set “send” parameter to make your list
moderated.
If you want not to notice senders that messages are moderated, you can create
a custom
scenario such as:

scenari/send.editorkeyonly_quiet
—————
title Silently moderated, even for moderators

true() smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> editorkey,quiet
—————

And use it instead of default “moderated” scenarios.
(N.B. scenario file above is the same as send.editorkey except that “quiet”
flag is added.)

Moderation queue is emptied out automatically after days specified by
clean_delay_queuemod parameter.

This setting is a bit more complex than my previous post, but controllable by
users (at once scenario file has been created).
I don’t know either way is better. However, I prefer to the previous one,
because
list will be really impossible to post as the users believe.

Regards,
— Soji