en - Re: [sympa-users] View copy of bounced messages?

  • From: "Fillmore, Tom" <address@concealed>
  • To: Mark London <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] View copy of bounced messages?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:28:57 -0700

Hi again -

It's true what you say but what I was thinking was a permanent retention of bounced messages per person, per list.  Ideally they would be able to be viewed on a page of bounced mails for the list overall (think archive but for bounces) plus link(s) to bounces when viewing a person's record.  I know, that's a tall order.

One possibility would be to capture the IDs of the mail (Sympa and the sending server), which may require custom headers.

Another would be to create a cron job that saves the bounces off somewhere for additional processing, but it would be a lot easier if it was part of the platform.  Hmmm...  this part might be be fairly easy to implement outside the platform.  I can't recall where the (last) bounces are stored, do you know?

Thanks!

Tom