en - [sympa-users] No DataBase

  • From: Pierre Abbat <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] No DataBase
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 23:57:18 -0500

I got a "No DataBase" message this morning, followed by the same message
twice
more in the next hour. I shelled into the server and found that MySQL had run
out of memory because the Sympa processes had hogged the memory, even though
nothing's happened except that someone else subscribed to a list and I sent
one message to the list. I restarted Sympa, then restarted MySQL. I
considered
a cron job to restart Sympa every week or every month.

This evening I got another "No DataBase" message. I shelled into the server
and found that MySQL is still running and is the biggest process in memory.
Why did Sympa say "No DataBase"?

Pierre
--
Lanthanidia deliciosa: What the kiwifruit would be
if it weren't so radioactive.