en - [sympa-users] Functionality of listmaster@domain.tld address

  • From: Nikos Voutsinas <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Functionality of address@concealed address
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 19:57:23 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out what are the real-world scenarios of using the email address: <address@concealed>, assuming that sympa.conf has been configured in the following way:

domain: domain.tld
listmaster: address@concealed

In all examples that I have seen, the sympa aliases file contains a line like:

listmaster: "|/home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

thus, I assume that some kind of automatic processing is taking place on the arrival of emails sent to this address. What kind of processing is taking place to emails sent to listmaster or otherwise what kind of functionality would be lost if emails to listmaster are not processed by the queue program and later by the sympa daemon?

Best Regards,
Nikos

listmaster: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

Is there any special automatic processing of commands taking place when an email is sent to this address?

  • [sympa-users] Functionality of address@concealed address, Nikos Voutsinas, 01/04/2018