en - Re: [sympa-users] No DataBase

  • From: Pierre Abbat <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] No DataBase
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 05:54:56 -0500

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:57:18 PM EST Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I got a "No DataBase" message this morning, followed by the same message
> twice more in the next hour. I shelled into the server and found that MySQL
> had run out of memory because the Sympa processes had hogged the memory,
> even though nothing's happened except that someone else subscribed to a
> list and I sent one message to the list. I restarted Sympa, then restarted
> MySQL. I considered a cron job to restart Sympa every week or every month.
>
> This evening I got another "No DataBase" message. I shelled into the server
> and found that MySQL is still running and is the biggest process in memory.
> Why did Sympa say "No DataBase"?

Further investigation turns up:
*It has something to do with AppArmor.
*There was a herd of wwsympa.fcgi processes remaining after both Apache and
Sympa were stopped. I killed them.

After killing them and restarting Apparmor, MySQL, Sympa, and Apache, it
appears to be working.

apparmor:amd64/xenial-updates 2.10.95-0ubuntu2.7 uptodate
mysql-server:all/xenial-security 5.7.20-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 uptodate
sympa:amd64/xenial 6.1.24~dfsg-1 uptodate
apache2:amd64/xenial-security 2.4.18-2ubuntu3.5 uptodate

Pierre

--
ve ka'a ro klaji la .romas. se jmaji