en - Re: [sympa-users] Messages not being sent after migration to Debian Jessie

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Messages not being sent after migration to Debian Jessie
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 09:26:22 +1300

On Thu, 2017-11-16 at 18:33 +0100, address@concealed wrote:
-rw-r-----  1 sympa sympa    3885 nov.  16 17:52
address@concealed_e9e91177f4080ff1637a1778f30e5a70.distribute

When Sympa is told to distribute a message that has been accepted by moderation, the message in the queue is renamed with the .distribute suffix - as you can see here.  What is supposed to happen, is that it is then picked up by a periodic scan (the same one that pick up new messages dropped off for delivery) and distributed.  However that doesn't seem to be happening...

Make sure all your Sympa processes are running.  Stop Sympa entirely (check no processes are hanging around and kill them if they are) then start it up from scratch.  Se if it works then.  Check the Sympa error logs for startup errors about the distribute process.  Check filesystem ownership and permissions are correct (though they probably are since the file is being created)

Thats about all I can remember for now; I don't have a running Sympa system to hand for confirmation.

Steve

--
Steve Shipway | Senior Email Systems Administrator
Phone: +64 9 302 0515 Fax: +64 9 302 0518