en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa cache

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa cache
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 21:40:50 +0200

On 10/03/2017 11:13 AM, Gonzalo Palacios Goicolea (via sympa-users Mailing
List) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We use Sympa 6.2.16 and we realized that there must be a cache in sympa,
> because we changed the admin/moderator of a
> moderated list, we checked at the database and the change was done, but
> when sending a message to the list the
> moderation request was received by the old moderator, not by the new one.
>
> We solved it restarting sympa service but I guess if there is any way to
> flush the cache and avoid the restart.
>
> Thanks a lot

Hello Gonzalo,

the admin cache was introduced in the 6.2 series, but to big dismay the
implementation doesn't really work. Moderator
changes weren't updated immediately and it also caused bad SQL queries.

You find some more information here:

https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/7
https://github.com/sympa-community/sympa/issues/11

Some of my work went into 6.2.18, so it might solve your problem.

We try to fix it completely, so we are glad about any success and failure
report with more recent versions
than 6.2.16.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.

  • [sympa-users] sympa cache, Gonzalo Palacios Goicolea, 10/03/2017
    • Re: [sympa-users] sympa cache, Stefan Hornburg (Racke), 10/04/2017