en - RE: [sympa-users] Not including live URLs in web archives

  • From: Mark Valiukas <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Steve Shipway'" <address@concealed>, "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Not including live URLs in web archives
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 05:15:05 +0000

Hi Steve,

Thanks - found it :-)

> Yes, this is Mhonarc stripping out clickable links (and other things).
> I worked this out back in 6.1.23 so my information may be slightly
> out of date. You have to fix this in two places; one of them in the
> mhonarc-ressources.tt2, but the other is in the code.

> In the lib/tools.pm file,

... in 6.2.18 it's HTMLSanitizer.pm that needs attention.

> Sympa calls HTML::StripScripts::Parser. You need to pass
> the AllowHref and possibly AllowMailto as well:

The relevant section of HTMLSanitizer.pm has now had AllowHref and
AllowMailto added to become:

-------------
# Returns a specialized HTML::StripScripts::Parser object built with the
# parameters provided as arguments.
sub new {
my $class = shift;
my $robot_id = shift || '*';

my $self = $class->SUPER::new(
{ Context => 'Document',
AllowSrc => 1,
AllowHref => 1,
AllowMailto => 1,
}
);
$self->{_shsURLPrefix} =
URI->new(Sympa::get_url($robot_id))->canonical->as_string;

return $self;
}
-------------

> The mhonarc-ressources.tt2 file can also be changed to
> allow some more things but (unfortunately) I can no longer
> remember what I changed.

Doesn't seem to need changing on 6.2.18 for this - although I've already
played with it for cosmetic reasons (y/m/d dates chronological view in the
archives is way more confusing than d/m/Y)

Hopefully this will save someone else some grief. Thank you VERY much for
pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mark.