en - [sympa-users] External data sources and ''dead'' addresses...

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] External data sources and ''dead'' addresses...
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 22:51:43 +0200

I manage some lists; mostly are normal lists, but some of these get
subscribed addresses from external data sources (LDAP and MySQL).
Manual subscription in these lists are disabled.

I've noted that, despite of this, some addresses get subscribed as
''normal'', and cannot be removed.

After doing some checks, these addresses get removed from the original data
sources, but they get NOT removed from lists, instead get ''converted'' to
normal subscription.

I've tried to find and identify some ''pattern'', but with no luck. Some
hint: not ALL address from these data sources became ''normal'', mostly get
simply removed if removed from the data source, as expected.

For now i've fixed with a query in the DB, deleting from these lists
addresses that are not caming from an external data source.

But i'm curious...

--
In amore ci vuole fortuna, ma anche un bel culo non guasta.
(Fabio Fazio)