en - Re: [sympa-users] "Happy 20th Birthday, Sympa" hackathon

  • From: Laurent Gydé <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] "Happy 20th Birthday, Sympa" hackathon
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 09:09:13 +0100

Hello Marc and all,

First of all congratulations for this initiative to redynamise activities around Sympa!

After having been a happy user of Sympa in my previous lives, I had in 2011 the great responsibility to take over the animation and development activities of our favorite group and lists manager as CTO of RENATER.

For 20 years, little Sympa has grown, so did the legitimate requirement of users ! RENATER is fully aware that today, an active community motivated by a modern and unifying project is the necessary condition to continue the adventure. Today, only the expanded model that we initiated a few years ago, inviting more and more contributors to participate, is up to the stakes of Sympa.

Beyond the RENATER teams involved since 2011 - David Verdin, Etienne Méléard, Olivier Lumineau and all those who contributed behind the scenes - I particularly want to thank Soji Ikeda and Guillaume Rousse for their valuable and indispensable contributions!

The success of this hackathon, seen from RENATER, will be to amplify this community dynamics and to mobilize even more good wills to meet the challenges of today: need for ergonomics ever greater and evolutionary, constantly improved performances, handy and flexible code ... By participating, we wish to be among those who will meet these challenges.

However, such a project also needs infrastructure and more down-to-earth logistical support (community site, development tools, communication means ...), and here again RENATER will continue its commitment to the benefit of Sympa.

So "Happy 20th Birthday, Sympa" hackathon, and long life to Sympa!

Laurent
--

Laurent Gydé

Directeur technique / Chief technical officer