en - Re: [sympa-users] Pseudonymous From: header in mailing lists?

  • From: Dave Page <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Pseudonymous From: header in mailing lists?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 22:06:11 +0000

On 10/01/17 19:57, Steve Shipway wrote:

This is the 'DMARC Protection' feature. It breaks strict RFC compatibility, but is a workaround for the badly-designed behaviour of DMARC in certain mail domains when interacting with mailing lists. I provided this as a patch for 6.1.20 and it was later incorporated into the main branch in 6.2. Note that, to be precise, it does not deal with SPF; what it actually does is avoid the need for a DKIM check on the From domain which is mandated by some DMARC records.

That's absolutely perfect, thank you. The feature is included in the Debian stable build of 6.1.23 and I've enabled it by default on all my lists - I was just looking in the sender options rather than DMARC options :) Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers,
Dave

--
Member Data, Manchester GCB Lib Dems https://www.facebook.com/MCRLibDems/