en - [sympa-users] Pseudonymous From: header in mailing lists?

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Pseudonymous From: header in mailing lists?

Hi there,

I'm a new Sympa user trying to replace a service which was unexpectedly
withdrawn. Due to problems with SPF and other authentication schemes, the
server I am trying to replace defaulted to replacing the From: header with
"USERNAME via LISTNAME <LIST@SERVER>" - not anonymous, but enough to pass SPF
checks for AOL, Gmail etc.

I have looked through the Sympa documentation and cannot find where to change
my list's behaviour to replicate this. Was it a third-party hack? I'm using
Sympa 6.1.23 in Debian Stable.

Cheers,
Dave