en - Re: [sympa-users] Installation of Sympa on CENTOS with CPANEL

  • From: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Installation of Sympa on CENTOS with CPANEL
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 08:12:10 +0100

On 11/04/2016 12:29 AM, "Drew Brydon" (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I am wondering if anyone had the experience of installing Sympa on a server
> that already has CPANEL installed on it.
> This means that the MTA is Exim, but I cannot figure out the exact
> configuration to make it work with both Sympa and
> Exim. I keep on getting a /newaliases/ error whenever I try to create a new
> list. I finally decided to turn off the
> /sendmail_aliases/ to none, and that stopped the error that I was getting,
> but I now have to create the aliases myself.
> And now I am getting another error with that.
>

> I am just hoping that someone has experience with this type of situation,
> and might help with the EXIM configuration.
> The documentation on the website is not the best in this regard, and I am
> having a tough time following it.

Hello Drew,

we added the following part to the Exim router configuration:

#--------------
# Using alias pipe definitions for the Sympa lists in /etc/mail/sympa/aliases
sympa_aliases:
debug_print = "R: system_aliases for $local_part@$domain"
driver = redirect
domains = +local_domains
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/sympa/aliases}}
user = sympa
group = sympa
pipe_transport = address_pipe

So Sympa needs to update the file /etc/mail/sympa/aliases. The newaliases
command isn't really used with Exim.

Regards
Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.