en - Re: [sympa-users] mailman2sympa import on Ubuntu/Debian

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Ian Miller <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] mailman2sympa import on Ubuntu/Debian
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 09:51:34 +1200

Regenerate the binary configs with:

    sympa.pl --reload_list_config

Rebuild the list table with:

    sympa.pl --sync_list_db

Note that sync_list_db might no longer be available/relevant in Sympa 6.2 - I'm not as familiar with that version.

Steve

On 16/09/16 02:36, Ian Miller (via sympa-users Mailing List) wrote:

Thanks for the responses. It’s very reassuring to know that people have used this tool successfully in the past

After running, you need to call sympa.pl to regenerate the list config bin files, and the entire list table (which is why you dont see the lists in your web interface, you have not done this last step)

That sounds like the step that I’m missing. Roughly what arguments do I need to use with sympa.pl? I can see nothing likely in the documentation.

Best wishes,

Ian Miller

--

Steve Shipway | Senior Email Systems Administrator
Phone: +64 9 302 0515 Fax: +64 9 302 0518

begin:vcard
fn:Steve Shipway
n:Shipway;Steve
org:SMX Ltd
adr:;;Level 15, 19 Victoria Street West;Auckland;;1001;New Zealand
email;internet:address@concealed
title:Snr Email Systems Administrator
tel;work: +64 9 302 0515
tel;fax:+64 9 302 0518