en - [sympa-users] mailman2sympa import on Ubuntu/Debian

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] mailman2sympa import on Ubuntu/Debian

I'm evaluating Sympa for replacing an old Mailman server. I've got Sympa
installed on an Ubuntu server and nicely working with ldap auth.

I’m now attempting to use the mailman2sympa script.

The script successfully finds the mailman archive, and creates files which
correspond to lists in /var/lib/sympa/expl

However, no lists show up in the web interface when I'm logged in as
listmaster. On further investigation it looks like no entries have been
created in the list_table on the MySQL database. Is this normal? I can
manually create a list and that does show up in both database and web
interface.

Is there a further step to import lists into the database so they can be seen
and administered? Have I misunderstood something?

Thanks,
Ian