en - Re: [sympa-users] Index of lists (sympa 6.2.16

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Youcef N Baouchi <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Index of lists (sympa 6.2.16
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 16:25:21 +1200

This is precisely the place where the RiseUp patch makes improvements.  Back in 6.1, because Sympa was trying to avoid functions that are not available in all SQLs, it didn't use RLIKE and instead did an expensive sequential scan.  The patch used mysql-specific code to better query lists by partial name or category which made a big speedup, provided the correct indices existed.

Steve