en - Re: [sympa-users] differents sympa passwords for virtual robots

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] differents sympa passwords for virtual robots
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:50:59 +1200

On 28/06/16 23:58, Lorenz, Sabine (SCC) wrote:
we have a sympa installation (sympa 6.1.23 as debian package) with two  virtual robots.

Until now the local sympa user accounts had only one password that fits for both robots.

That was not a problem for us but even an advantage that the users were not confused by two different passwords for two sympa robots.

But now we want to add another external mailinglist-domain as a third virtual robot and it is necessary that all sympa accounts have a different passwort for every  robot.

I think that you should be able to do this by overriding the auth.conf for the second robot; IE have different authentication settings for the two robots.  Then, you can point the two at different databases/tables or at different LDAP servers or OUs, and have different passwords on each robot.

It might be more problematic if you want to use Sympa internal password database for both though, as I don't know if the 'create new password' link will use the database specified in the auth.conf or if it always uses the one in the sympa.conf.

Steve

--

Steve Shipway | Senior Email Systems Administrator
Phone: +64 9 302 0515 Fax: +64 9 302 0518

This email has been filtered by SMX. For more information visit smxemail.com.
begin:vcard
fn:Steve Shipway
n:Shipway;Steve
org:SMX Secure Cloud Solutions
adr:19 Victoria Street West;;Level 15;Auckland;;;New Zealand
email;internet:address@concealed
tel;work:+64 9 302 0515
tel;fax:+64 9 302 0518
tel;cell:+64 21 753 189