en - [sympa-users] one-click unsubscribe?

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] one-click unsubscribe?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:55:17 -0400

Hi Folks,

Is there any easy way to include a one-click unsubscribe link in messages? (It's that time of year when folks want to take themselves off school-related lists, and I'm dealing with a flood of manual requests).

Right now, I include a link to a list's management page, on the server, and I guess I could include a mail-to: -- but is there any more way to include "click to unsubscribe" - ideally one that's auto-customized to reflect a subscribers as-subscribed address, rather than the one they ultimately receive email at.

The obvious use case is subscribers who are receiving forwarded mail. I have a growing number of subscribers, on one particular list, who would like to unsubscribe, have forgotten what email address they're subscribed under, are not technical enough to decipher headers - so they can't log in, and an unsubscribe-by-email would come from an unrecognized address.

It's a standard function of list managers used by marketing types - but doesn't seem to be included in things like Sympa or Mailman. Anybody have a code tweak for this?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra