en - Re: [sympa-users] Lost listmaster password

  • From: Casey Workman <address@concealed>
  • To: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Lost listmaster password
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:36:32 -0600

OK, i got it fixed. I finally found the templates and it looks like
when it was set up initially someone had edited the change-password
template. I found the original and edited back in the line with the
link. So I'm back in, yea!

Any thoughts on this however. While looking through the user_table I
noticed that the listmanager account was not there. I created the
line in the db and put in a random string for the password. Then
later, after I found the templates I changed the password to that
account. Went back to the db and noticed that the password field was
updated as well as the last login was added as well. So, what would
have deleted the main listmanager account? Can you even do that via
the web interface? I'm the only one that has command line access to
the server and it sits behind a datacenter firewall where the access
is controlled via special "management virtual machines".

Casey Workman
Systems Engineer
Murray State University
270-255-9675

***Please note that Murray State will NEVER ask for your username and
password via email***