en - Re: [sympa-users] Lost listmaster password

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Lost listmaster password
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:53:09 -0500

I expect someone else will be able to provide a more detailed answer, but, in the interim....

- Passwords are stored in the database
- There's a section in the Sympa Reference Manual titled "Sympa and its Database" - essential reading if you're going to play there
- /etc/sympa/sympa.conf probably has your database access info (username, password) - assuming you have root access
- if you're good with SQL, you can change things using the the command line (e.g., for mysql, the mysql command line), but, you're probably better off using a GUI like phpmyadmin (or see http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mysql/slideshows/top-10-mysql-gui-tools.html)

But before digging around, you might try to figure out why you're list reset password is coming through without the link. You'd need to figure out which routine generates it and look at the formatting files. It could be that your email program is displaying the link properly - look at the source email.

Hope this helps,

Miles Fidelman