en - RE: [sympa-users] LDAP members inclusion not working on sympa 6.2.9

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Riccardo Veraldi <address@concealed>, Sivert Hatteberg <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] LDAP members inclusion not working on sympa 6.2.9
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:59:04 +0000

> Anyway I Wanted to use shibboleth authentication instead of X509 (I do not
> use login/password for my users), but it works only for the my main robot,
> so
> I had to disable it. The other robots that are apache virtual hosts, won't
> work
> with shibboleth.
> I tired hard but I have never been able to make shibboleth work with apache
> virtual hosts + sympa.

We are using Shibboleth here and have about a dozen virtual robots. Shib is
working on all of them (Sympa 6.1.23)

To make this work, I needed to make sure that the shibboleth2.xml included
all
the possible node endpoint URLs; also, I needed to ensure that the robot.conf
correctly specifies
- host
- http_host
- wwsympa_url
- cookie_domain
The last was the clincher for a few problem we briefly had.

Steve

Steve Shipway
T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487
E: address@concealed