en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP members inclusion not working on sympa 6.2.9

  • From: Riccardo Veraldi <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>, Sivert Hatteberg <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP members inclusion not working on sympa 6.2.9
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:04:43 +0100

I solved the problem using a ca bundle file with all the certification authorities issuing certificates to my users
mainly the TERENA SSL CA 3 + DigiCert root CA. I also have a couple of self signed CAs in the bundle fpr self signed user certificates.
Then I restrict access to the sympa web interface using SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O variable inside apache configuration.
In this way i am satisfied.
Anyway I Wanted to use shibboleth authentication instead of X509 (I do not use login/password for my users),
but it works only for the my main robot, so I had to disable it. The other robots that are apache virtual hosts, won't work with shibboleth.
I tired hard but I have never been able to make shibboleth work with apache virtual hosts + sympa.
I mean if my main robot is lists.mydomain.org, only it wil work with shibboleth.
my other robots: lists.subdomain.mydomain.org, lists.subdomain2.mydomain.org, lists.subdomain3.mydomain.org ... lists.subdomainN.mydomain.org
won't work with shibboleth auth.

Rick