en - RE: [sympa-users] mail attachments lost on transit

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] mail attachments lost on transit
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 20:25:07 +0000

This seems to me to be the wrong behaviour?  I had previously imagined that HTML-only mode simply turned a MIME-multipart-alternative containing text/HTML and text/plain into a single text/html, preserving all attachments, including S/MIME signatures.

However a text-only is presumably for compatibility with older non-MIME-compliant readers and so would strip all attachments and parts that are not text/plain… so maybe it makes sense

Since any HTML-capable reader will support MIME, and MIME emails are likely to include images as attachments, is there any practical use for HTML-only as it currently stands?

Steve

Steve Shipway

T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487

E: address@concealed