en - Re: [sympa-users] Has anyone made a new skin for Sympa 6.2?

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Has anyone made a new skin for Sympa 6.2?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:35:41 +0900

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Oct 2015 23:00:23 +0000
"Steve Shipway" (via sympa-users Mailing List)
<address@concealed> wrote:

> So, I've been playing with the new Sympa 6.2 UI for a few weeks now, and I
> have come to the conclusion that, on the whole, I don't like it.
>

> Yes, it has a nice font and the icons are good, and the dropdown menus are
> convenient. The new use of javascript for menu control and icons is great.
>

> However my main issues are
>
> - Everything is so chunky! The fonts, forms, and buttons are so
> big that they take up too much space and you can't see everything at once.

It depends on the concept of designer. New skin seems to fit better for
display with 1024 pixels or wider in desktop mode. I suppose it is not so
unnatural assumption.

> - The lefthand menu area is wasted! Under 6.1, the lefthand menu
> area contained a list of your lists, a list searchbox. Now nothing apart
> from list info. Before, we added extra items to this area, but doing that
> now seems to break layout of the whole page.

You can enable side menu by editing web_tt2/main.tt2 to unset (undocumented)
"top_menu" variable.

> - The Home page is hard to read. Really, those 6 big boxes, some
> containing nothing but a single button?
>
> - List categories are unreadable. They are squashed in a small box
> rather than being properly spread out as they were in 6.1.
>
> - List configuration pages have such chunky edit boxes that the
> screen becomes unreadable. Only a few items on at a time.

They depend on the concept, too, I suppose. You can customize templates.

> - The top menubar user/login dropdown disappears too easily, and

As I wrote, this behavior looks against intuition.
<https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arcsearch_id/sympa-users/2015-06/20150617120456.4bcd79bbf74382c2ed2734d1%40conversion.co.jp>

> our single-signon button appears in the wrong place

Would you please submit this issue to bug tracker?

*

To keep older skins, or to provide multiple skins by single version of Sympa,
we have to solve two issues: Techinical limitation and man-power.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児