en - Re: [sympa-users] custom_subject can be set to empty string

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] custom_subject can be set to empty string
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 12:00:46 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:54:25 +0200
Dick Visser <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to remove the custom_subject from a list through the web
> interface, but this is not working.
> I can change it, and then save, which works, but as soon as I try to
> save an empty string, it is reverted back to the previous value.
>
> So now my lists have a mandatory subject tag, which is not what I want.
> Any ideas?

Indeed, it's undesirable behavior, and several users complain.

My idea is that it will be fixed by making "custom_subject"
parameter to have no default value and making its initial value
given (or not given) by list creation templates. Thus, once the list
is created, users may change, remove or recreate parameter whenever
they want.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児
〒140-0014 東京都品川区大井1-49-15 アクセス大井町ビル4F

  • Re: [sympa-users] custom_subject can be set to empty string, IKEDA Soji, 10/01/2015