en - RE: [sympa-users] Broken sending

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Josemari Amatriain Martínez <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Broken sending
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:04:08 +0000

>A message was not sent to all subscribers of a list (lista-pdi). The list
>has 1200 subscribers (taken
>from a source, from LDAP server) and only 800 emails were sent.

The logs seem to show the message arrive, confirm 1207 messages to send,
spawn a second bulk process to handle the load, all messages are sent after
10 seconds and after idle timeout the bulk dies.

Everything appears to be normal from these logs. What makes you think only
800 were sent?

Can you check your sendmail/postfix logs (whichever you use) and see if
anything is going on there? Possibly you have some rate limiting, or thread
limiting, and some messages are being held up or rejected?

I don't think that a synch_include during a message delivery could cause
users to disappear, unless for some reason the LDAP query returned less than
the total number of people and removed some, but errors in the LDAP cause no
synch to occur. The two logs both say only 1 user was updated though.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead