en - [sympa-users] Web server config

  • From: "Shane H. Wilson" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Web server config
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:40:05 +0000

Background:  I’ve been running Sympa for a year on Ubuntu 14.04 using the package install without any issues.  I’m wanting to move to the newer 6.2.x code so I’m installing from source and I have Sympa up and running (I believe without issue) but I’m having trouble understanding what I need to do to configure Apache on Ubuntu for the web interface.

I’m getting the following error when I go to http://sympa-test.centre.edu/sympa:  client denied by server configuration: /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

I’m trying to use the “Installing wwympa.fcgi in your Apach server” directions in the 6.2 administrator manual.  I’m trying to use mod_fgcid.

It looks like a permissions issue, I’m must be missing something on the configuration.  Has anyone else set this up on Ubuntu that can give me some pointers?

Thanks!

Shane

Shane Wilson

Information Technology Services

Senior Systems and Networks Coordinator

CENTRE COLLEGE
Personal education. Extraordinary success.
http://www.centre.edu