en - [sympa-users] Bad message in msg spool

  • From: Gordon Chung <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Bad message in msg spool
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 11:47:44 +0100

Hi,

A few weeks ago sympa.pl suddenly died and each time it was restarted it
would die very quickly. We soon discovered there was a message in the message
spool that was causing this and things were back to normal when we moved it
into the ‘bad’ folder. I’ve used alpine debug to look at the message but all
I can see is the line ‘IMAP 16:36:23 5/13 mm_log parse: Unexpected characters
at end of parameters: =_NextPart_000_0003_F7C4417A.89604BA0’.

I was wondering if anyone has come across this type of message. I still have
the mesage and can include it as an attachment if necessary.

Regards
Gordon

Gordon Chung
Unix Section
University of Edinburgh
IT Infrastructure Division
Information Services

James Clerk Maxwell Building
The Kings Buildings
Peter Guthrie Tait Road

Edinburgh

EH9 3FD

address@concealed
0131 650 5005

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

  • [sympa-users] Bad message in msg spool, Gordon Chung, 05/14/2015