en - RE: [sympa-users] sympa bounces via postfix transport. I have a problem

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Nikolay Shaplov <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] sympa bounces via postfix transport. I have a problem
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:15:24 +0000

I believe that with Postfix, you should be able to set up a regexp alias that
will redirect the bounces appropriately. I have used a similar method to
make the auto-provisioning work with certain list name patterns.

In your virtual.re file you should have something like the following. You
can use '$1' to represent the part in the first brackets, etc, as with normal
regexp matches. If this is not appropriate to your use, you can set up an
appropriate alias. Then, you can make an address alias map to a
"|bouncequeue" alias (Im not sure if you can use the | alias in here or if it
must be in the normal aliases file)

/^bounce+(.*)\@(.*)$/ bounce+$1
/^(.*)-owner\@(.*)$/ |/usr/lib/sympa/bin/bouncequeue $1@$2

In main.cf, you will have something like this:

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,regexp:/etc/postfix/virtual.re

Another way to do it is with transport maps (which we do). In transport.re I
have:

/^.*-owner\@list.fmhs.auckland.ac.nz$/ sympabounce:
/^.*\@list.fmhs.auckland.ac.nz$/ sympa:

Then in main.cf I have:

transport_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/transport.re

and in master.cf I have:

sympa unix - n n - - pipe
flags=R user=sympa argv=/usr/libexec/sympa/queue ${recipient}
sympabounce unix - n n - - pipe
flags=R user=sympa argv=/usr/libexec/sympa/bouncequeue ${recipient}

This takes care of the bounce processing.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead