en - [sympa-users] sympa bounces via postfix transport. I have a problem

  • From: Nikolay Shaplov <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa bounces via postfix transport. I have a problem
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:07:53 +0300

Hi!

I am now trying to configure my postfix to use sympa mysql database as a
source
for lookup hashes... I've almost succeeded, but met one problem:

I am sending bounces to bouncequeue almost in the same way as described at

http://www.sympa.org/faq/postfix#managing_aliases_directly_in_the_postfix_transport_table

but there is a problem.

In postfix I can have the full to address, or part of it (one before @, one
after @ etc).

But when I am sending bounce messages to bouncequeue I should give full list
name as a param i.e.

/usr/lib/sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed

But when receiving bounce message I have only address@concealed
in "to" address, and I do not know how I can cut off -owner part using
postfix.

Example, I gave link to, does not really work with bounces... All bounces are
really goes to bounces/bad as not correct list name are given at the args. I
do not think there is any easy way to run sympa with postfix transport...

I think that the easiest way to solve this problem is to allow bounced to
accept not only address@concealed list name, but also
address@concealed, so bounced will cut off -owner part, get
proper
list name and do what it should.

This decision will make configuring sympa much more simple.

If this idea is good for you, I can provide a patch (I am perl programmer,
that would not be difficult)

What do you think?