en - Re: [sympa-users] Sendmail Help

  • From: address@concealed (Eric Schnoebelen)
  • To: Brian Eliassen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sendmail Help
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:42:16 -0600

Brian Eliassen writes:
[...]
- So I then tried to hit one of the testlist lines in sympa_aliases:
-
- frodo:root [315] /etc/mail> sendmail -bv
address@concealed
- "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"...
- deliverable: mailer prog, user "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue
address@concealed"
-
- Works perfectly. So how do I get sendmail to see
- "address@concealed" as
- "address@concealed"? I think
- the fact that "address@concealed" does not exist is
- why this problem is occurring. The sympa_aliases were created
- by the Sympa WebGUI.
-
- frodo:root [316] /etc/mail> sendmail -bv address@concealed
- address@concealed... User unknown

I suspect you need an entry in your virtusers table to map from
address@concealed to
address@concealed, aka:

address@concealed: scrapcombatships.com-testlist

I'd guess that the Sympa WebGUI doesn't make all the needed
rules for sendmail.

Also, do you have scrapcombatships.com listed as a local
host name in sendmail, or as a virtual host?
-
- As I mentioned, I'm at a loss. I've been doing sendmail for
- twenty years and I'm not able to comprehend how Sympa can get
- "scrapcombatships.com-testlist" to respond to
- "To:address@concealed " in the envelope. Did I miss
- a needed R$ envelope rule modification?

No modification of sendmail.cf should be needed, beyond updating
the list of virtual domains being served. (and I do that via a
file inclusion.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen address@concealed http://www.cirr.com
Real Programmers don't write specs. Users should be grateful for