en - RE: [sympa-users] blank email sent to list members

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "McLaren, Terrence M" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] blank email sent to list members
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 14:57:05 +0000

This will happen if the list has MailMerge enabled, and the message in question has invalid TT2 code.  Any error results in the distribution of a blank message.  If this is the case, the Sympa logs will hold the error messages.

You can test a mailmerge message before distributing by adding a special (misspelt!) header to the message before sending (I cant remember off hand what the header is, and it is undocumented); I have a patch for Sympa that gives a bit easier control of this via Scenari but I don't have it to hand currently.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead