en - RE: [sympa-users] Weird issues with mailing list footer

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Weird issues with mailing list footer
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 16:18:11 +0100

Custom footers are added to the list posting as-is; the variables are
only replaced if MailMerge is enabled for the list (and this will
affect the whole message, not just the footer). So, enable the
MailMerge, and the custom footer variables will be expanded. Note
that this will also break any SMIME signatures on messages posted to
the list, so you might want to make a send scenario that blocks
postings with SMIME signatures.

I'd also like to be able to have a custom footer in TT2 format that
doesn't require mailmerge -- for example, something like footer.tt2 as
well as footer that are TT2 expanded before appending. Im not sure
how easy this would be to code, though -- I took a look at writing a
patch for it a little while back, but found it not as simple to do as
I had expected.

Steve

Thanks a lot, well I will not use variables then.
This isn't the topic but I want to activate VERP, what do I have to do? I did set verp_rate 100 in sympa.conf but it's not working.

Happy new year,

--
Bertrand Caplet
CHUNKZ.NET