en - RE: [sympa-users] Weird issues with mailing list footer

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Bertrand Caplet <address@concealed>, Bertrand Caplet <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Weird issues with mailing list footer
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 23:27:32 +0000

Custom footers are added to the list posting as-is; the variables are only
replaced if MailMerge is enabled for the list (and this will affect the whole
message, not just the footer). So, enable the MailMerge, and the custom
footer variables will be expanded. Note that this will also break any SMIME
signatures on messages posted to the list, so you might want to make a send
scenario that blocks postings with SMIME signatures.

I'd also like to be able to have a custom footer in TT2 format that doesn't
require mailmerge -- for example, something like footer.tt2 as well as footer
that are TT2 expanded before appending. Im not sure how easy this would be
to code, though -- I took a look at writing a patch for it a little while
back, but found it not as simple to do as I had expected.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead