en - Re: [sympa-users] Subscribing via SOAP silently

  • From: Amos <address@concealed>
  • To: Michael Howe <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Subscribing via SOAP silently
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:39:59 -0500

Fabulous!  Thanks!

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 5:01 AM, Michael Howe <address@concealed> wrote:
Hello,

On 26/08/14 21:45, Amos wrote:
> I guess there was never a response to this?  I too would be interested
> in a SOAP approach to mass updating the membership silently. Either
> that, or a SOAP means to place individuals into the exceptions for a
> list that is subscribed via a data feed.

The 4th parameter of the SOAP add() call is 'quiet' which, if set to a
true value (1, 'true', etc), means the user doesn't get a subscription
notification.  The Sympa documentation at
<http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/soap#add> should now be correct, and
some examples I wrote for our Oxford implementation can be found at
<http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/email/maillists/sympa/soap.xml?ID=examples>.

Best wishes,

Michael

--
Michael Howe, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford