en - [sympa-users] "Reply to sender" in arc view should use Reply-to header

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] "Reply to sender" in arc view should use Reply-to header
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:32:31 -0700

This is a detail that came up for us as a result of the DMARC modification, but in fact I think I has a general applicability and a general solution that would be best for everyone: The "Reply to sender" option when viewing a message in the Web archive always goes to the address in the From header, but it should use the Reply-To header instead.

With DMARC, replying to a message from a sender at a DMARC-munged domain actually sends the reply to the list, which is not great. But in general I would think you would want the reply function here to work like in an email client, using whatever Reply-to header was set on the message, rather than the sender address.

But I cannot figure out the MHonArc programming enough to make this change. I thought I could get at least partway there in mhonarc-ressources.tt2, starting with putting something like this in for the reply button:

<input type="radio" name="to" value="$MSGFIELD(CUR;reply-to)$" checked />

and above that, I put this to populate that MSGFIELD field:
<FIELDSTORE>
reply-to
</FIELDSTORE>

but no luck so far. The field remains empty.

Anyone else know more about the MHonArc stuff than I do, or have this already figured out?

adam

--
Electric Embers Cooperative
Handcrafted hosting, powering the fires of change

  • [sympa-users] "Reply to sender" in arc view should use Reply-to header, Adam Bernstein, 08/27/2014