en - RE: [sympa-users] Using sympa behind pound or nginx

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Using sympa behind pound or nginx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 03:34:19 +0000

> I have attempted to put sympa behind this service and I can log in
> successfully, but the session doesn't seem to live for me to actually do
> anything without asking me to log in again. I have check the time on the
> servers and they are all synchronized. I don't see anything in the debug
> logs
> that helps me.

We don't use a reverse proxy for sympa, but I suspect your issue is going to
be cookie domains.

For the hostname that users use, to access the sympa server, set
cookie_domain
in the wwsympa.conf or robot.conf. We have to do this because we have many
robot domains all pointing to the same Sympa server, and need their auth
cookies to be kept separate.

Eg, if your sympa server is mysympa.subdom.andrews.edu
But your reverse proxy hides it as www.andrews.edu/sympa
Then set the options
cookie_domain www.andrews.edu
http_host www.andrews.edu