en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP Logins

  • From: Alex Hanselka <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>, Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP Logins
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 01:33:36 -0500

> Sounds as if it is not finding a valid entry in the LDAP.
> We have our Sympa configured to use Shibboleth, Local LDAP and local
> accounts (all together!) and it works OK.
>
> Possibly you have not correctly specified the search filter (so it didnt
> find the entry) or not specified the attributes correctly (so it could not
> identify an email address). Another possibility is the security settings
> on your LDAP server are preventing access to certian data.
>
> Can you post your auth.conf (x out the password of course) ?
>
> Here is a working example that uses LDAPS:
>
> ------
> ldap
> host ldap-vip.auckland.ac.nz:636
> timeout 20
> bind_dn cn=sympa,ou=webapps,ou=ec,o=uoa
> bind_password xxxxxxxxxxx
> suffix
> ou=ec_users,dc=ec,dc=auckland,dc=ac,dc=nz
> get_dn_by_email_filter (mail=[sender])
> email_attribute mail
> scope one
> use_ssl 1
> ------
>
> Check that you have something similar.

Certainly! Everything looks good here, so far. It looks like it is
getting the correct info when I use ldapsearch and this bind_dn. It is
just trying to be difficult I'm sure ;). It is frustrating because the
ldap logs seem to indicate that it is getting the info it needs.

Below is the ldap section

-----

ldap
host 172.16.0.20:389