en - RE: [sympa-users] LDAP Logins

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Alex Hanselka <address@concealed>, Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] LDAP Logins
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 06:16:13 +0000

Sounds as if it is not finding a valid entry in the LDAP.
We have our Sympa configured to use Shibboleth, Local LDAP and local accounts
(all together!) and it works OK.

Possibly you have not correctly specified the search filter (so it didnt find
the entry) or not specified the attributes correctly (so it could not
identify an email address). Another possibility is the security settings on
your LDAP server are preventing access to certian data.

Can you post your auth.conf (x out the password of course) ?

Here is a working example that uses LDAPS:

------
ldap
host ldap-vip.auckland.ac.nz:636
timeout 20
bind_dn cn=sympa,ou=webapps,ou=ec,o=uoa
bind_password xxxxxxxxxxx
suffix
ou=ec_users,dc=ec,dc=auckland,dc=ac,dc=nz
get_dn_by_email_filter (mail=[sender])
email_attribute mail
scope one
use_ssl 1