en - Re: [sympa-users] [solved] Message stuck in `sympa/auth` instead of `sympa/moderation`

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] [solved] Message stuck in `sympa/auth` instead of `sympa/moderation`
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:54:51 +0200

Dear Steve,

Am Mittwoch, den 23.04.2014, 23:44 +0000 schrieb Steve Shipway:
> The auth queue is where messages go if your scenario specifies
> request_auth. This scenario action is more commonly used for
> subscription but can also be used for sending.
>
> This is when the user is emailed back with a 'did you really send this
> message?' request, and they need to reply 'yes I did' with the
> accompanying MD5 key before it is released (after which it may go into
> the moderation queue or be distributed), confirming their identity.
>
> You should check the send scenario you have on this list to make sure
> it is what you want; maybe you meant to have 'editorkey' instead?
> Compare the senari send.privateorpublickey and
> send.privateoreditorkey.

[…]

you hit the nail on the hat! That was exactly it! Thanks!

I thought the users would read the replies with instructions when they
do *not* use their mail, they subscribed with to the list. Guess I was
wrong.

Using Sympa’s Web interface, I changed the configuration from
`privateorpublickey` to `privateoreditorkey` now.

Changing that configuration option, there is an interesting conceptual
decision now for Sympa. Should it also notify the moderators about the
messages waiting for authentication and allow them to distribute these
messages?

Thanks again,

Paul